Saturday, August 21, 2010

And So It Begins!

After two months of planning, researching and saving I will finally be boarding a plane tomorrow to begin my 10 week journey through South America! I can't imagine what the next ten weeks have to throw at me. I imagine myself going through an entire range of emotions, scenarios and situations, and hopefully reacting accordingly. I'm sure there will be tumbles, stumbles and fumbles, especially when it comes to language and cultural interface. But there will also be amazing views, hues and booze. I'm most excited for the scenery (snowy volcanoes, lush forests, rocky beaches, ruins), the animals (penguins, llamas, SLOTHS!) and the cultures (Tango, markets, musica folklorica, Pisco, ayahuasca).

I think I have everything packed. I had to downsize my clothes load and I guess I'll just have to deal with the things I can bring. Its going to be kinda strange wearing the same 3 outfits for the next 10 weeks. I need selection!

EEEEH I'm so giddy right now, I can't even write! I don't even know what to say!

1 comment:

  1. have an awesome time andrea!!!! enjoy the pisco sours =)

    -jonasty

    ReplyDelete